Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So much for good intentions . . .

This week I tried to be so good.I inventoried all of my non-DMC floss and Mill Hill beads.  I ordered more of Annie's Keepers and storage slides to use for the silks and printed out my label sheets for them.   



In the face of 40+ WIPs and UFOs, I vowed not to buy anything more till I finished some of them.   Yeah, right.


My downfall was the autoship of Hand-Dyed Fibers' May Regular Floss-of-the-Month assortment.  Look at them - don't they just scream STITCH ME?!  NOW!

And then a badly behaved little voice said: Ink Circles Garden Stars would be perfect!  That's it!  Order it now!  Oh, and order a few more patterns to make the shipping less unreasonable! Yeah, that's it!


Because I have no willpower at all, I ordered Garden Stars, Nostalgic Needle's Strawberry Thief, and Fingerwork's Playful Day Necessaire from Wyndham Needleworks.  Just to spread out the shipping charges.  Really.

Now, I just need to go buy some 36ct White Linen or maybe 32ct. white evenweave to go with the pattern that I bought to go with the silks. And maybe a few more Silk'n Colors to justify the cost of the gas to get over to my LNS.

Oy.


1 comment:

tpdebbie said...

hope you don;t mind me contacting you. I saw an old post of yours about Annies Keepers.

How are you getting on with this system, and what happens when you purchase new threads and have to re-position all the other Keepers on the Storage Slide. This appears it cld be a time consuming task moving all the Keepers along!

I;m seriously considering purchasing this but was after some advice.
thanks in advance
debbie (UK)